The Loop Service is operated by Loop NZ Ltd., trading as Loop, also referred to as “We” and “Us”.
Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
▪ Account information: The information (including but not limited to your first name, surname, postcode, email address, credit card details) that you provide by setting up an account through the Loop Service, in registering for Our newsletter, in entering into any transaction through the Loop Service or otherwise by contacting Us.
▪ Site Activity: We will automatically collect the following information about your use of the Loop Service:
▪ technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, and time zone setting; and
▪ information, including the full URL, clickstream to, through and from the Loop
Service and Listings that you viewed. • Communications: When you sign up for an account, you are automatically opting in to receive certain legal and administrative emails from Us, which are necessary for the provision of the Loop Service to you. You may also choose to sign up to receive certain marketing or additional emails. You can manage your preferences in terms of receipt of these communications through your account settings. You cannot, however, opt out of receiving certain legal or administrative notices from Us. If you enter one of our competitions We will keep a copy of the data you submit to Us. • Information provided to us from other sources: We may receive information about you from third parties in the course of making available the Loop Service to you, including organisers of events that are listed on the Loop Service, business partners, sub-contractors, and payment providers. We use information held about you in the following ways
Information you give to us
We use this information to:
• make the Loop Service available to you;
• provide you with information about activities that you request from Us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for suchpurposes;
• administer your account with Us;
• give to Listing Owners with whom you book activities through the Loop Service in order to facilitate such bookings;
• disclose to lawful authorities when required to do so by law;
• notify you about changes to the Loop Service; and
• ensure that the Loop Service is presented in the most effective manner for you. Information that we collect about you
We use this information to: • identify you as a user of the Loop Service;
• administer the Loop Service;
• ensure that the Loop Service is presented in the most effective manner for you;
• measure and understand the effectiveness of certain features of the Loop Service; and
• provide location-based services to you if (i) you have installed the App on a mobile device and permitted your mobile device to transmit location data in respect of this App, and/or(ii) you access Our Website via a mobile browser and you allow the transmission of your location data when prompted by your browser.
Information we receive from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to Us and information that We collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for purposes of system administration, and reporting aggregate information to our business users. This is statistical data about the browsing actions and patterns of Our users. We may obtain information about your usage of the Loop Service by using a cookie file which is a short text file, that may be automatically stored on the hard drive of your computer or the internal memory of your mobile device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive or your mobile device's internal memory. Cookies help us to improve the Loop Service, and deliver a better and more personalised service both through the Loop Service and through third party websites and applications. Cookies enable Us to:
• support Our analytics, to estimate Our audience size and usage patterns;
• store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the LoopService according to your individual interests;
• manage notifications and some of the content you see, so that you don’t keep seeing the same notifications over and over again;
• deliver advertising to you that is more suited to your interests, both through the Loop Service and through third party websites and applications (including for example, Facebook), that is more appropriate and suited to your interests;
• speed up your searches; and
• recognise you when you return to the Website.
If you register with the Loop Service or sign up for any of Our newsletters or alerts, We will send you information about activities We feel may interest you. Your email address may also be used to send you information about Our other websites and businesses that We feel are relevant to your registration to the Loop Service.
Additionally, We may allow any third party which acquires Us or a substantial part of our assets, to contact you directly with information about their products and services. You can unsubscribe from receiving our newsletter and other correspondence by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link featured within Our correspondence. Alternatively, you can edit your personal information or manage notification subscriptions by updating your account settings within your user profile.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to Us is stored on Our (or Our third party service providers’) secure servers. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Loop Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do Our best to protect your personal data, however, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Loop Service.
Any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, we will use all practical procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will generally rely on you to ensure the information we hold about you is accurate and will only make changes to your personal information if you notify us. If you wish to make any changes to your personal information, you may contact us at [ ]. You will need to provide us with sufficient information to identify you before any change can be made.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties in the circumstances set out below.
• In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may discloseyour personal
data to a prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If We or a substantial part of Our assets are acquired by a third party, your personal data may be one of the transferredassets.
• If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply withany legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of the Loop Service, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Loop, organisers of activities listed on the Loop Service, or other users of the Loop Service.
• We may share aggregated and/or fully anonymised user information with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, We may disclose the number of a particular category of users (e.g. women aged under 35) that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements in a particular period.
• We may share information submitted as part of third party promotional activities onlywhen you agree the specific terms and conditions of the promotion by opting in to the promotion.
• We may share your personal information to other third parties who you authorise disclosure to.
The Loop Service may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
You have a legal right to a copy of all personal information about you held by Us. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
Privacy Act and other applicable law
We may also collect, use, hold and disclosure your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 and any other applicable law.