Anything to make our lives easier!
As parents, we tend to pack fill our days and weekends so we can have a little bit of everything in our life.
Thank goodness technology is keeping up with us, making our lives easier by creating apps that quickly help us in all aspects of our busy lifestyles.
We can now instantly download these apps and use them to get find a name for our unborn child, do our food shopping, share calendars, find parking, book events and so much more.
Here are a few of my favourites that we use in our family that you may enjoy and ease the pain in your life.
1.LOOP NZ – How could this not be number one on my list as I created LOOP for the sole purpose of making parent’s lives easier. Quickly find and book children’s events and activities in seconds – no trawling the internet for hours!!!
2. Parkable – I am so sick of paying so much money for parking in Auckland, having limited time in that park and not knowing that you are going to get a park when you are heading to an event or venue. Park close to so many venues for a fraction of the cost of other parking places and stay for as long as you like. You could also make money by renting your driveway, business carpark spot when you’re not there. Win-Win!
3. Wunderlist – Oh the weekly grocery list. This app is perfect for simple to-do tasks. You can share the shopping list, add to it, tick it off plan a vacation and just get stuff done faster as it’s all in one place.
4. Magisto – Every year your child’s birthday comes around and you post a photo on Facebook with a lovely message. Magisto lets you pick up to 10 photos and 10 videos for FREE, add music and a themed style. It then creates an amazing video for you to use. Upload to many platforms or share with family privately.
5. Libby – A fantastic new find and a superb way to bring the library into your home. My kids adore listening to Audio Books and boy oh boy does it keep the noise level down. Libby is connected to your local library and has thousands of ebooks and audiobooks? You can borrow them, instantly, for free, using your library card and just the device in your hand
6. Artkive – This amazing app has a feature that is life-changing. Saving your kid’s art work. Take a photo of that beautiful cardboard masterpiece, upload and share then recycle. Organise and share your children’s art work- no more clutter in the home.
7. Stocard – All your Store cards saved to one app and you can share with your partner. No more carrying around loads of cards and trying to search frantically for what you need at the checkout. Stocard helps you turn your phone into your wallet. You can add any card to this that has a QR code.
8. Gaspy – Now I am embarrassed to say how much money I spend on fuel each week and this app is what I use. Gaspy is designed to find the cheapest fuel prices, closest to you and you can earn points and rewards too.
9. Shazam – Now Shazam has always been a great one for me as I can never remember the name of a song and forget within seconds if I hear something I like. Now the kids have their favourite tunes and I can Shazam them and save their music too.
10. Babyname – Struggling to find a name for your Bub? Not agreeing with your loved one? This app is the tinder for finding the perfect name. Both you and your partner can swipe right for the ones you like and if it is a match you are notified. So much fun and no late nights up discussing names and arguing over your favs.
Now these apps are all time savers…I have plenty of time waster apps too. Be in the LOOP to find out more.